Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Rainforest hash challenge

After few weeks of training at Gunung Nuang, at last I went to challenge my limit again. The last time was the ballbreaker hosted by Fullmoon hash 24km. This time my aim is to complete the run.

Friday I only have 4 hours sleep, can't sleep well. Saturday morning we departed to Teluk Bahang to stop our car then we took the bus to Balik Pulau. A total of 160 plus runners joined this event.

Around 0815 we started the run. On the first 5km I think I did quite well, able to keep myself in the front runner group. After running like 4 hours I reached the last water point which was at the 18km. Totally exhausted, very tiring run, but still have to keep it on.

The last hill was the so called Laksamana hill, I guess is the highest hill on penang island. Sometimes is not the height that kills people is the tough terrian who does it. Walk until I can't feel my leg, end up is my mental that brought me our from the trail.

This is the first time I feel like my heart is going to jump out from my mouth. Spend another 3 hours to complete the other 10km. End up I spend 6 hours 56 mins to complete the 28km life killing run.

Time to start prepare for the mount kinabalu day trip, and then the ultra run 100km. Plan to join more outstation long run to improve myself in more skills and tricks on running. Need to start train my core and calf. Then improve my core and the endurance for the 100km.

No comments: